How to contribute to pylambdarest¶
Thank you for considering contributing to pylambdarest!
First time setup¶
- Make sure you have a GitHub account.
- Fork pylambdarest to your GitHub account by clicking the Fork button.
- Install poetry.
- Install dependecies using poetry:
- Install the pre-commit hooks:
poetry run pre-commit install --install-hooks
- Run the tests to make sure you are all set:
poetry run coverage run -m --source=pylambdarest pytest tests && poetry run coverage report -m
Building the docs¶
Build the docs in the docs directory using Sphinx:
cd docs poetry run make html
build/html/index.html in your browser to view the docs.
Read more about Sphinx.
Include the following in your patch:
- Use Black to format your code. This and other tools will run automatically if you install pre-commit using the instructions above.
- Include tests if your patch adds or changes code. Make sure the test fails without your patch.
- Update the documentation accordingly if needed.